Hotel Housekeeping in a COVID-19 World
We Care About Your Well-Being
At Holiday Inn Express Oakdale, your comfort and well-being are our highest priorities. So now that we're traveling again, we are making every effort to ensure the health and safety of our guests and our employees.
We have a long-standing commitment to rigorous cleaning procedures and launched our IHG Way of Clean program in 2015 – developed in partnership with Ecolab and Diversey – both world leaders in hygiene and cleaning technologies and services. This program is now being expanded with additional COVID-19 protocols and best practices – many of which are already in place – to reflect the advice of the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, and local public health authorities in markets around the world.
Count on Us
We’re committed to the health and safety of our guests and team members, so we’re taking important steps to demonstrate you can Count on Us—whether you’re planning to travel now or in the future.
When you stay at our hotel, you’ll notice the new measures put in place to give you peace of mind.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch areas in public spaces and guestrooms, using the most effective Ecolab-brand products available.
- All employees and guests are required, by state law, to wear a mask in public spaces.
- Additional safety measures in the hotel lobby, including a protective plastic barrier at the reception desk, sanitized key cards and pens, and social distancing protocols in place
- We are currently limiting our continental breakfast option to a grab and go bag, with a healthy treat and coffee available. As we continue to monitor the status of the pandemic, we will adjust our breakfast offering.
- Our hotel amenities, including the breakfast room and fitness center, are currently closed until further notice. We will reopen these facilities based on guidance from our local health officers.
- All rooms are disinfected with the most effective cleaning products from Ecolab, a global leader in cleaning products.
- Individual A/C and heating units in each room ensure only filtered, clean air enters your room
- Guest keys are sanitized
Flexibility, when you need it most:
Given the flexibility our guests and customers need right now we have implemented the following policies:
For bookings made prior to April 6, 2020:
- Bookings made prior to April 6, 2020 at IHG hotels* can be changed or canceled for stays up to August 31, 2020, noting that:
- Hotels are subject to local law in the market in which they operate. Therefore, government legislation and regulations may supersede this policy in specific circumstances. (including the type and timing of the refund).
- If you cancel a rate that required a deposit or payment in advance, we will do everything we can to process your refund as quickly as possible. Refunds (which may be vouchers where allowed by local law) may take up to 90 days for hotels to process from the date of cancellation. Reservations may be changed without a fee but may result in different pricing.
- Exclusions may apply for time periods with special event restrictions or peak demand weeks.
- Bookings via a third-party: For bookings made through an online booking platform (e.g. Booking.com, Expedia) or third-party travel professionals, please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions.
- Groups & Meetings Bookings: We will work with customers to manage any changes needed to Group & Meeting bookings on a case by case basis. Our hotels are actively supporting groups and meetings organizers to address the needs of each group, including moving event dates to another time, in line with the terms and conditions of that booking. Please contact the hotel the booking was made with to discuss further - If the hotel is unavailable, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To change or cancel a reservation visit Manage Your Stay or call our Reservations and Customer Care team.
We continue to monitor the evolving situation and will be keeping this policy under review.
For New Bookings:
We want to help you plan and book any future travel with confidence. So, we have several ways to support guests to amend travel plans as necessary:
- Book Now, Pay Later: This new rate offers flexibility and savings. With no deposit required and cancellations possible up to 24 hours before your stay for direct bookings, travel planning is commitment-free. Guests benefit from 5% or more off our Best Flexible Rate for bookings made up to September 3, 2020 for stays until December 30, 2020 (excluding Greater China).
- Best Flexible Rate: This rate offers maximum flexibility to change or cancel your reservation. For direct bookings, this rate can be fully changeable or refundable up to 6pm (local hotel time) on the day of arrival (dependent on the hotels’ individual house policy).
- IHG Rewards Club Members Rates: Additional savings are available for IHG Rewards Club members on these Book Now, Pay Later and Best Flexible rates.
- IHG Rewards Club nights: You can change or cancel these bookings with no penalty prior to the time period set by the hotel.
- These rates, and others, have their own terms and conditions. This may include non-refundable pre-payment or other restrictions. Please refer to specific rate information when booking for further details - including cancellation terms. Changing the date on any reservations may result in different pricing.